212215- Cook- Including the city of Chicago 138 AM CST Mon Jan 21 2019
Rest of tonight Snow showers. Snow accumulation up to one half inch along Lake Michigan. Temperatures nearly steady zero to 4 above. Wind chills as low as 5 below to 15 below zero. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent near Lake Michigan. Monday Partly cloudy. Highs 14 to 18. Wind chills as low as zero to 10 below zero. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Monday night Partly cloudy. Lows 9 to 13 above. Southeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Tuesday Mostly cloudy. Light snow and light freezing rain in the afternoon. Some snow accumulation possible. Ice accumulation up to one tenth of an inch. Blustery. Highs in the lower 30s. South winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation 90 percent. Tuesday night Freezing rain and rain with light snow likely. Some snow accumulation possible. Ice accumulation up to one tenth of an inch. Lows in the upper 20s. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 30 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation 100 percent. Wednesday Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of light freezing rain and light snow in the morning. Highs in the upper 20s. Wednesday night Partly cloudy. Lows 12 to 16. Thursday Partly sunny. A 40 percent chance of light snow in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 20s. Thursday night Mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of light snow in the evening. Lows 1 to 5 above. Friday Partly cloudy. Highs 4 to 8 above. Friday night Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of light snow. Lows 1 below to 3 above zero. Saturday Mostly cloudy. Highs 14 to 18. Saturday night Mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of light lows 4 to 8 above in the suburbs but 8 to 12 above downtown. Sunday Partly cloudy. Highs 16 to 20.
Heavy snow Saturday in the central and eastern Midwest, and southeastern Plains. Rain will cover the southern Midwest, Southeast and the Delta. Rain and snow for the Northwest. » More DTN Weather Commentary
Posted at 1:36PM Fri Jan 18, 2019 CST
Click here to get your local weather emailed to you each day.